Friday, September 5, 2008

Hello Dali-Free Friday Nights at the MOMA

I heart Dali, especially when I get to see his works for free! The Museum of Modern Art has "Target Free Fridays" where the museum is free to the public on Friday evenings from 4-8pm. They do suggest some kind of donation when you get there though so make sure and have a few dollars on hand. *Note: This info is not explained online so one-time I went and paid like 10 cents to get in because that's all I had and I looked like a complete jerk!

Tickets can't be purchased in advance for the free Target Fridays but I've never had a problem getting in. They also show free films on Fridays, but those tickets go fast so I recommend getting there as early as possible.

The Dali exhibition is now through September 15th, but I also heard the Dreamland Exhibition is worth checking out during your time at the museum. Plus with a MOMA ticket you get free access to PS1 Gallery in Queens, just take your ticket stub to PS1 for admission.

The Museum of Modern Art
is located at 11 West 53 Street,
between Fifth and Sixth avenues
New York, NY


See you there!

No comments: