This post is for all those notrustfunders who need a way to promote themselves, their business, or just give out their number with a new *Free* business/calling card.
Before you go to print up new cards, here are some things to consider:
- Weight of the card stock. Sure flimsy paper is less expensive than a more substantial stock - and that’s the impression that it leaves about you: cheap.
- Overall design. Is your name, logo and contact information clear? Are too many design elements - graphics, logos or photos - interfering with someone’s ability to read your card? How do you want your information to run - horizontally or vertically?
- Font style and size. Again, it’s all about readability. Classic fonts such as Times New Roman, Helvetica, Arial and Verdana are easier on the eye than flowing script or trendy fonts in 8-point text.
- Color. If you choose to use color, don’t go overboard. And make sure that the colors you choose are complementary to your business. Unless you run a Halloween costume shop, you might want to steer clear of black and orange combinations.
- Consistency. Your card is just one element of your overall brand so it is important that your business card have the look and feel of the rest of your stationery and Web site.
- The back of the card. Don’t overlook the back of your card to provide additional information. Many companies include a mission statement or a list of professional organization memberships. A meaningful or funny quote on the back can give people insight into your personality.
(Thank you to our friends at PrintClick.com for these great ideas)
Here's some websites with offers for FREE business card printing.
4over4.com (250 cards, includes 4over4 logo on the back and you pay $7 shipping)
Overnight Prints (100 cards, doesn't have overnight prints logo, you pay S&H)
VistaPrint.com (140 cards, includes vistaprint logo on back, no custom designs, you pay S&H)