When: Wednesday, October 21st; 10am-5:45 pm
Where: Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
1071 Fifth Avenue (at 89th Street)
New York, NY 10128-0173
Here's the breakdown of all the fun stuff that will be happening tomorrow:
* Birthday Photo Booth - Take your picture sitting astride giant "5-O" sculptured numbers - part of the 50th Anniversary logo photo booth. Upload your pictures onto to the museum's flickr group. flickr.com/groups/free day/
* Anniversary Eye Tours - Interactive tours with museum educators will be offered in five languages and for partially sighted, blind, and deaf audiences.
* Art, Architecture, and Innovation: Celebrating the Guggenheim Museum - This 27-min. documentary explores the history of the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation and Museum and chronicles the building's conception, construction, and critical reception.
* Family Friendly Activities - From 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM, family friendly interactive activities will take place throughout the museum. Family Architecture Guides will also be distributed to children ages 12 and under.
* Story Circle - From 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM (on the hour) there will be readings of picture books including I'd Like the Goo-Gen-Heim by A.C. Hollingsworth.
* Live Twitter Tour of the Frank Lloyd Wright Building - From 4:30 to 5:30 PM, the Guggenheim Twitter team, museum visitors, and followers around the world will have the chance post observations during a live-Tweet conversation. Include #GUGG50 in your tweets, and visit twitter.com/Guggenheim to follow the Guggenheim on Twitter.
* The Deutsche Bank Series at the Guggenheim Anish Kapoor: Memory - Be the first to see -a major site-specific sculpture installation that weighs 24 tons by leading international artist Anish Kapoor. On view through March 28, 2010
* Harry Winston Jewels Inspired by the Guggenheim - For one-day only Guggenheim-inspired diamond jewelry will be on display in the Guggenheim
In addition to all the celebratory fun the following exhibitions will be on view for FREE:
* Kandinsky September 18, 2009-January 13, 2010
* Gabriele Münter and Vasily Kandinsky, 1902-14: A Life in Photographs September 18, 2009-January 13, 2010
* Paired, Gold: Felix Gonzalez-Torres and Roni Horn October 2, 2009-January 6, 2010
* Intervals: Kitty Kraus October 9, 2009-January 6, 2010
More details about the event are located here: guggenheim.org/50
If you miss this event remember that the Guggenheim is by pay-what-you-wish donation every Saturday evening from 5:45pm (the museum closes at 7:45pm)!